We welcome organizations and individuals interested in seniors-sector issues to become members of the Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council. Membership in ESCC is available in one of three categories:
- Senior-serving organizations are charities or not-for-profit organizations incorporated under appropriate statutes of Alberta or Canada or of any other jurisdiction and authorized to operate in Alberta that provide social and recreational programs and/or social support services for Edmonton’s aging population.
- Supportive organizations are organizations that have an interest in the delivery of services to seniors and do not meet the criteria above (i.e. for-profit organizations or organizations based outside of Edmonton).
- Members at large are individuals or honorary appointees that have an interest in the delivery of supports and services to seniors.
The membership fee is $50 for senior- serving and senior-supporting organizations and $10 for members at large.
Membership is valid from January 1 to December 31.
Value of being an ESCC member
By belonging to the ESCC you are becoming part of a network of organizations working to build capacity in the seniors sector and enhance the lives of Edmonton seniors. Your organization:
- has input on sector initiatives and collaborates with other stakeholders in the seniors sector to find solutions
- can participate in information networks and collaborations to increase sector learning
- benefits from information, resources and professional development opportunities shared by ESCC
- facilitates collaboration among seniors organizations in Edmonton and brings stakeholders together to work on projects that improve coordination of services for seniors
- assists in identifying service overlaps and/or duplication in order to make more effective use of resources
- Identifies key seniors’ issues and opportunities for member organizations to address these issues to improve quality of life for seniors
- supports our members in building their capacity so they can effectively meet the needs of Edmonton seniors
Submitting your application form
Download an ESCC membership application
Print it and fill in the appropriate sections
Mail the application form and your cheque for membership fee to the ESCC at:
Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council
#255 Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre
8330 82 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6C 4E3