Recreation and Wellness Directory for Older Adults
Welcome to the online Recreation and Wellness Directory for Older Adults!
Here you can search for arts, fitness, technology, health, and recreational activities for adults 55+ in the Edmonton area. You’ll find hundreds of interesting and fun activities to enrich your life.
Due to COVID-19, the majority of in-person activities have been suspended and temporarily removed from the database, however, some organizations are offering a selection of in-person programming, following safety precautions.
Additionally, the pandemic has resulted in the creation of new remote activities you can enjoy from the comfort of home by telephone or computer. These activities include exercise groups, cooking classes, arts workshops, social gatherings, and more.
To help you find online activities, we've added a search field called 'Program Type' that will filter activities based on whether they take place in-person or online.
Throughout the pandemic, organizations will be updating the database but we ask for your patience. Note, if the 'Program Type' field is blank, this means the activity is offered in-person.
Many programs are sorted by geographic region, however, there is also a "Citywide" option to help you identify programs that are offered throughout the city, or are not bound by a geographic location (online programs, for example).
You may notice * and + symbols beside some of the activity names.
- The * indicates activities that are offered evenings and/or weekends.
- The + indicates activities that are suitable for people with limited English skills.
How to print the online directory:
In order to print activities from the online directory on your home printer, follow these instructions.
- First, narrow down options to show fewer pages of programming based on your interests. You can do this by toggling the drop-down filters: "program type", "district", "category", sub-category".
- Once you're happy with the selection, select the "print" button.
- Third, make sure your print settings are set to "landscape" orientation to avoid cropping the information when it prints.
- Finally, if you have multiple pages to print, you will need to print these individually by toggling between the results indicated by the numbers at the bottom of the page.
Can't see any results?
If you can't see any results after your search, please try refreshing your browser page (control+R on a PC OR command+R on Mac). In some cases, if your search is too specific, you may not see any results.
Update regarding print directory
Seniors organizations have been busy responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, and have adjusted program options accordingly.
Due to the uncertain and constantly fluctuating nature of programming options during the pandemic, ESCC has decided to not release a print program for the 2020-2021 year, however, this database will be maintained to reflect ongoing changes to program availability.
We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this ongoing process.